Thursday 26 December 2013

THINGS THAT I REALIZED WHEN DIDN’T PASS THE UPCAT





THINGS THAT I REALIZED WHEN DIDN’T PASS THE UPCAT

     



       UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES COLLEGE ADMISSION TEST OR UPCAT IS ONE OF THE MOST DIFFICULT COLLEGE ENTRANCE EXAMS IN THE PHILIPPINES. FRANKLY, I’M REALLY TOO DESPERATE TO GO TO A UP CAMPUS (WELL I’M A LITTLE BIT MORE DESPERATE TO GO TO ATENEO BUT I DIDN’T TAKE THE TEST HIHI BECAUSE I’M LATE) ESPECIALLY AT DILIMAN SINCE I WAS IN FIRST YEAR BECAUSE THAT IS WHERE GOOD COURSES COULD BE FOUND. BUT NOW THAT I DIDN’T PASS (EVEN AT LOS BANOS), IT REALLY MAKES ME FRUSTRATED, NOT BECAUSE I DIDN’T PASS BUT BECAUSE I REALIZED THAT I DIDN’T STUDIED WELL IN HIGH SCHOOL.
            AS YOU ALL KNOW, THE EXAM PROPER ITSELF, THE UPCAT WILL BE 60% OF YOUR UPCAT GRADE OR UPG AND THE 40% WILL BE YOUR HIGH SCHOOL GRADES ESPECIALLY IN ENGLISH, MATHEMATICS AND SCIENCE SINCE FIRST YEAR TO THIRD YEAR. BUT SINCE I HAVEN’T KNOWN THIS THING EARLIER, I WASN’T ABLE TO MAKE GOOD GRADES IN MY PAST YEARS. I’M NOT BRAGGING BUT I’M PRETTY CONFIDENT WITH THE EXAM, BUT LIKE MY PROBLEM EVEN BEFORE, MY HIGH SCHOOL GRADES ARE TOO LOW. OF COURSE IN MY LEVEL, I CAN’T MAKE MY UPCAT EXAM AVERAGE FROM 85% AND ABOVE BECAUSE IT’S PRETTY DIFFICULT, BUT ACTUALLY, MY HIGH SCHOOL GRADES CAN PULL IT UP A BIT. BUT SINCE THAT MY GRADES ARE NOT THAT HIGH, I GUESS I WON’T HAVE ANY CHANCE, LIKE I THOUGHT EVEN BEFORE I START REVIEWING.
And now there are things that make me frustrated, and those are REGRETS.
            And now, regrets in what?


1.      Giving up my studies

I remember the most ridiculous decision I made back when I was in first year (well I never realized that it is ridiculous back then), I totally gave up my studies. I’ve decided not to focus and just to make my grades pass and still qualify for the first science class. I got very attracted to the fact that teachers always tells us to just enjoy high school but the thing that get out of my mind is my focus.

Back then, I’m really good at focusing (I’m not bragging). I still remember the way I focus back when I was in elementary and during the earlier part of my first year. But now that I’ve realized that I can’t bring back what I used to be before.

Also, I never went studying hard again. I mean the way I used to study before because I’d lusted for so much fun. Since my parents got separated, I kept myself in a place where I know I can forget all the problems. But the only way that I knew on how to do that is to give up my studies. I even make myself choose, happiness or studies. Of course, for a teen that is still confused, you’re going to select happiness.  And now I regret that.
           
Remember that if you really want to go to UP, especially at Diliman, you really need to study. Three of my classmates got in and I know what level of intelligence they have so I guess those are only people who qualify to the campus, the ones who are really really good and intelligent.

2.      Wasting time with unnecessary things.

For example like the guys that you like but never liked you back, you got too obsessed and distracted. I even remember when I was in second year where I quit at journalism just because my crush (now former and close friend YAY ME!!!), who’d never been good to me, also quit. My role in a musical play contest also forced me to quit because the contest will be closed to DSPC and I won’t be able to catch up.

Well at the very first place I thought journalism will be so boring ‘coz you’ll do nothing but to write. But now, I realized that I was very wrong. It turned out to be one of my biggest accomplishments. I met lots of people, which I also wanted though I don’t look like I wanted it. Well, I really love socializing and meeting lots of new faces every day. Sometimes, you’re going to think that if you trust in an instant, you might be on the brink but that is not what I’ve learned now.

Now that I’m going to college (and still don’t know where to go), I realized that I would never, ever make the same mistake again, which is making decisions without thinking about it well.

tumblr photos

People always have to learn his/her lessons, but think about it. Now I realized that I’m more mature to make decisions for myself that I won’t regret. Now I was planning to go to Polytechnic University of the Philippines (and I really hope this time I will pass please ‘coz I don’t have any school to go anymore). And I’m really aiming for the slot in BS Accountancy because I’m super business minded.

So there you have it guys. I hope you really got a lesson from my mistakes. Don’t waste a once in a lifetime opportunity. We’re not cats, who basically have nine lives. We’re humans who need to cherish every chance given to us.

Be True, ALWAYS- RM
 




No comments:

Post a Comment